Saturday, January 27, 2018

Back to my roots

I was finally able to reunite with my piano teacher. I had stopped taking piano lessons when I entered INTARMED back in 2016, but now that I'm in LU2 second sem, the lightest semester of all the imed years, I decided to enroll once again. My 11:30 dismissal every Friday allows me to get back home in QC as soon as possible and take lessons the following morning. I take music lessons at the UP College of Music in Diliman.

I'm so happy that I can continue taking piano lessons and finish the goals I set for myself before imed. I'm currently expanding my rep so that I can hold a solo concert featuring pieces from various periods of music. Right now, I am finishing my piano concerto which would be the highlight of that said concert. Here's to hoping that Ma'am Co won't disrupt these plans!

In other news, I had to take leaves of absence in my various orgs last semester because of the study load, and I'm still not ready to commit to these orgs again. At least with an extra-curricular such as piano lessons, I'm not going to mess with anyone except myself if I choose to stop. If everything goes according to plan, I might be able to rejoin these orgs in the future. I'm just testing the water right now, so to speak-- seeing what things I can add to my load and which things I can do without.

No comments:

Post a Comment