Thursday, January 25, 2018

Toxic first bio 30 lab session, Wholesome psych session

How the hell do you differentiate between these different spermatogenic cells? I see literally no differences between them looking under the microscope. They all look the same. They all look like pink boxes with blue circles in them. The details I've read about frog spermatogenesis just aren't being visualized. I'm really not sure if it's the microscope or if it's just me. God knows I read like 3+ books in preparation for this lab. Probably it could have been the slide as well. All I could see were freaking spermatozoa and spermatids. Even the prof had a hard time looking for the other types.

I will try again tomorrow with another microscope and a different slide. Hoping for a better tomorrow. And also hoping that when we move on to higher animals (mammals) the structures will be more well-defined. (From what I've read and seen they are).

Thank God for a subject like psych though. It kinda reminds me of the IPC days we had back then where the activities were actually wholesome and generally made the class feel nice and happy. Actually to be honest, it reminds me of having high school retreats where anyone can just open up and share random things to the class. It was nice listening to some of my classmates who decided to share their life stories (our lesson for the day was "knowing" the other, and it is a theory in Psych that to actually "know" someone, one must listen to his/her life story).

No comments:

Post a Comment